Taking a StandApr 21, 2023
I choose to do better and hold myself to a higher standard. I am accountable for my actions and my thoughts. I am also held accountable for the actions and words of the people I choose to surround myself with. (Guilty by association, complicity)
So, I can no longer and I will not tolerate or continue to perpetuate prejudice and discrimination.
- I will continue to acknowledge how my thoughts, words, and behaviors (conscious and unconscious) IMPACT others.
- I commit to educate myself on how I participate in harmful narratives and behaviors against others.
- I choose to actively work on dissolving those thoughts, conversations, and actions in myself.
- That I will distance myself from people who willingly choose to spread harm. I will gently call your attention to it but if you choose to not even consider it, I will step back as I can no longer enable behaviors that harm others.
- I will still love you and find compassion for your perspective. I will still value you deeply. <3
- I will make myself available for growth conversations.
What do you stand for? Make a statement, a declaration of your integrity, from your inner core and walk forward with Dignity.